Monday, July 12, 2010

does not compute

I just saw these Faber poetry covers (via Design*Sponge) and I have one question.
How do you write in something so pretty? Based on my own experience (which could be unusual), people don't casually consume poetry like the latest in the Sookie Stackhouse series -- they scrawl all over the page, making indecipherable marks and notations. This would be my Sylvia Plath Everyman edition all over again: I'd think it was far too lovely to write in and would buy a cheap paper back version for actual reading, with the pretty book sitting on the shelf forever. Being pretty.

When your books are too perfect to actually read, they stop being awesome.

Edit: I've decided that if you take notes in Edwardian script, you are allowed to buy fancy poetry books. Otherwise, still not allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment